Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Better out than in.

Arthur was terribly embarrassed. He had been constipated and took a senna-type tablet the doctor prescribed. He took one two days in row, and had an accident, he couldn't get to the toilet in time. I changed him, he was apologising and I just dealt with it. I got him into the bathroom and showered him down. It was not as bad as the first time this happened when I got him into the bathroom and it just all kept coming and I had to wash everything down the drain before he could move. That time Arthur was upset, I was shocked but functioning and telling him it was alright and it was better that he had movement. I got him back to the kitchen for his dinner. I couldn't eat.

This time was not so drastic although Arthur was so embarrassed again and I lost my appetite again and he tried to apologise and I said it was alright, let's not dwell on it.

If I had the care package we wanted, there would be others to deal with this and Arthur wouldn't be shamed in front of his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment